signwritingtimes

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
signwritingtimes

signwriting forum for the new the old to share info, pics, experiences, help and advice

Hello from Gaz admin

Admin
    Admin

Hello from Gaz admin Empty Hello from Gaz admin

Post by Admin Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:44 am

Hi Gaz admin here. I trained for two years at college in the 90's in signwriting gilding and
    marbeling and had a sign business for ten years.

Without going into detail I have recently returned to the brush and mahl stick after a lengthy sabbatical fine tuning my skills and trying to remember the tricks of the trade.

I have worked as a general signmaker and commercial signwriter but have seen some fantastic artistic sign writers out there who have much to pass on to their peers

I started this site due to an absence of information on the net, for experienced and newbie sign writers to share information tips tricks and advice

Training with a teacher is still the best way to learn although having a resource to dip into after training can be helpful.

the art of signwriting seems to be having a new lease of life after the vinyl years

I think there is a place for all sign making but signwriting was where it started and is the basis for a good understanding and grounding in letter form, spacing, colour, design and the basis of good sign work

Any thing advertised on here is third party input and not endorced or connected with the forum

General forum rules apply be helpful polite and informative no swearing or abuse and as stated I do not endorse any product service, advise or training posted on this site

Let's try to help each other become better writers and be promoters of this great professional artistic trade

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:48 pm